Musings III

Today is a day of smiles.  I went the Multnomah County Courthouse for legal gender.   Sure my drivers license says female, however if you don’t get a court order of gender change. You can’t change your birth certificate. 

The state of Oregon has made easier to cross this hurdle.   My doctor had to write a letter in a specific format for the judge sign the order. 

After I get the corrected birth certificate I will be  able to get a passport so I can travel hassle free to Thailand.  

Crossing these hurdles can be daunting, however I realize I will just take this journey one step at a time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s